“Generator of Hope” is a program dedicated to young theatre artists, created on the initiative of Włodzimierz Staniewski and implemented since 2015. Within its framework, directors and their guest artists work on their own projects in the spaces of Theatre ,,Gardzienice”, under the artistic supervision of Staniewski’.
In the years 2015 – 2020, productions were realised by:
– Maciej Gorczyński – a graduate of directing at the Academy of Theatre Arts in Krakow, philosophy at the University of Gdańsk and APT “Gardzienice” (,,Hymns to the Night” based on poetic fragments by Novalis, S. Lem, S. Wyspiański, S. Weil, M. Blanchot, and own texts – 2015, ,,New Athens” according to Fr. Benedict Chmielowski – 2016, ,,Letters to Milena” according to Franz Kafka – 2017, ,,Finnegans Wake” according to James Joyce – 2018).
– Radosław Stępień – for many years an active supporter of “Gardzienice” Theatre, graduate of directing at the Academy of Theatre Arts in Kraków ( ,,Giant Shadow of a Dwarf” based on Werner Herzog – 2016, ,,Gody (Mating), according to The Brothers Karamazov” based on Fyodor Dostoyevsky – 2017).
– Michał Zdunik – graduate of directing at the Theatre Academy in Warsaw ( ,,Matka odchodzi” based on Tadeusz Różewicz – 2015, ,,Witnesses, or our little stabilization” based on Tadeusz Różewicz – 2016),
– Jan Lech – composer-musicologist, who was student of Włodzimierz Staniewski in the Ecology of Theatre studio of the Artes Liberales Faculty of the University of Warsaw (two versions of ,,Wedding Night” based on Bruno Schulz – 2017 and 2018, cantata-ballet “Maiden” based on Dostoyevsky – 2019).
– Katarzyna Wesołowska – pianist (,,Polyphonies/Polyvision” with music by Johann Sebastian Bach – 2018).
– Świty – a musical project created by students of the 14th Academy of Theatre Practices: Dobromiła Życzyńska, Maria Matosek and Patryk Zabielski (concert to texts by Dobromiła Życzyńska, Maria Matosek, Mikołaj Gumilow, Witold Gombrowicz and Kazimiera Iłłakowiczówna – 2020)
– AA&MM collective – created by students of the 14th Academy of Theatre Practices: Anna Maria Słowikowska, Marta Łaska, Anna Bielecka, Marta Zamora and Patryk Zabielski (“From our daily newspapers” based on excerpts from newspapers from the years 1918-1939 and interwar songs – 2020)